India's Manushi Chhillar Crowned Miss World 2018 at Glittering Pageant

 SANYA, China - India's Manushi Chhillar Nov. 18 won the coveted "Miss World 2017" title at glittering event here, ending 16 years of drought for India at the International pageant.

Manushi is the sixth Indian to win the title and the first since Priyanka Chopra won the crown in 2000.

"The feeling is still sinking in and I am very excited to make India proud too. I'm also looking forward to the year ahead,'' Manushi said in a statement after the win.

All of 21, Manushi was born to doctor parents in Haryana, which once ranked the worst among all states in six ratio in India.

"My parents have always been my pillar of support and having them here tonight by my side has only brought me more strength and joy.

"My final answer also came to me by having them here with me in front of me,'' said Manushi, whose family members, including a brother and a sister, were present at the gala.

In the Question-and-Answer round after she was shortlisted among the top five,  Manushi was asked: "Which profession deserves the highest salary and why ?"

She said a mother deserves it the most.

Manushi was ecstatic and emotional when she was announced the winner from among contestants from 108 Countries. She was crowned by Miss World 2016, Puerto Rico's Del Valle.

The First Miss World crown was won for India by Reita Faria in 1943, followed by Aishwarya Rai (1994), Diana Hayden (1997), Yukta Mookhey (1999) and Priyanka Chopra (2000).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Secrets of Female Naga Sadhus

Know How Your Birth Date Reveals You Will Have A Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage

In Japan, PM Modi Gets A Grand Welcome -And Chopsticks Lessons